I wanted to save some photos of my kids from Twitter, here’s how I did it:
- Use Chrome to view the web version of your twitter stream
- Right-click on the page and choose “view source”
- Search for the text in the tweet (ctrl-f opens the search)
- Just below that there will be a link which looks like https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B73n89iXXAA8B9y.jpg:large
- Right-click on the link and open in new tab
- If it’s the right image, save the file (removing the :large from the name so that it gets recognised as a jpg)
It’s almost always going to be more comfortable updating your website from your laptop or desktop but there may be occasions where you want to update your site when you’re on the move.
One way of doing this is by using the WordPress android app (if you have an android phone like a Samsung Galaxy, HTC Desire or Wildfire). I’ve written most of this post on my phone.
The setup is fairly simple, all you need is your website address, username and password.
You can choose to add or update pages and posts as well as deal with any comments that people have left. The formatting is a bit limited but it’s very quick to use.
The WordPress android app can be downloaded for free on your phone or via the market website.